Thank you to Jimmy Dean for sponsoring this post and for allowing me the chance to come up with a recipe using a Jimmy Dean product. I wanted to come up with something that everyone in our family would eat and enjoy. A friend suggested that I make a delicious dirty rice dish that we had at a Christmas party! I had no idea that the recipe had used Jimmy Dean sausage! Dirty rice is a classic South Louisiana recipe and by using Jimmy Dean pork sausage (Sage), it makes this dish filling and affordable for families. It also makes a wonderful dish to bring to get togethers with friends and my oldest son has requested it for dinner tonight!
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 Package of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (Sage)
- 2 Cups of Long Grain Rice
- 1 TBS of Cajun Seasoning of your choice (We prefer Emeril's Original)
- Boil Rice as per package instructions or use a rice cooker. ( I boil it on the stove while cooking down my other ingredients)
- Cook down your Bell Pepper, Onion, and garlic until softened. My husband likes his chopped fine and I prefer them a little chunkier so feel free to chop them to your liking.
- Add the entire package of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (Sage) and continue to break it apart until no longer pink.
- Add seasoning of your choice. I prefer about 1 TBS to 1½ TBS of Emeril's Original but feel free to add a little more or even a little less to your liking.
Also be sure to check out the Jimmy Dean website for additional recipes using other Jimmy Dean products. You can also find them on:
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.