New Orleans is known for being boring, mundane, and a snooze…. Right?
In fact, New Orleans has AGAIN been named the best city in the United States for food, nightlife, people-watching and FUN!
That sounds more like it. The Girls at FestiGals know this and plan on entertaining and empowering woman New Orleans style this June.
Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to recharge your batteries, have some fun with your girlfriends, and network with women from across the country! There will be inspirational seminars, empowerment workshops, and some faces you might recognize. I remember Hoda Kotb from her days anchoring at WWL in New Orleans but you might recognize her from the TODAY show with Kathie Lee. Her humor and strength make her the perfect person to headline the 2012 FestiGals celebration. She’s survived breast cancer and covered heart breaking events around the world but she still manages to keep smiling. Other great speakers include:
Colleen Mullaney – Lifestyle expert and Huffington Post columnist: “Let’s Face It, We Love Any Reason to Celebrate”
Ti Adelaide Martin – Commander’s Palace; restaurateur, author and community leader: “Speechlets”
Tonya Fitzpatrick – Award-winning broadcaster/ CEO of Travel’s on Media Productions: “Live on Purpose”
Cary Broussard – Author of From Cinderella to CEO: “Redefining Your Fairy Tale”
Pamela Arceneaux – The Historic New Orleans Collection: “A Red Light Look at New Orleans History”
Debbie Schmitz, RNC, BSN – Cancer Care Navigator for EJGH Oncology Program: “Celebrating Success & Navigating Life’s Journeys”
Sue Jones – inspirational speaker whose triumphs will touch your heart
The event will take place at the historic Hotel Monteleone located on Royal Street in the French Quarter. In addition to the great speakers there will be opportunities to experience the finer things of New Orleans including:
• Power’d Sugar Walk to Cafe du Monde for cafe’ au lait & beignets
• Private tour and reception at M.S. Rau Antiques
• Insider’s tour of private French Quarter home and courtyard
• Reception at and tour of The Historic New Orleans Collection
• Chef John Folse Luncheon- 3 course lunch, inspired by Folse’s highly anticipated new culinary venture with Chef Rick Tramonto, Restaurant R’evolution
• Bodacious Bra Auction – Spectacular pieces of art using a ‘bra’ as the canvas
• Stiletto Stroll, a New Orleans style Second-line Parade through the French Quarter
• Private Tour of 1026 Conti Street, home of famed Norma Wallace
• Gospel Jazz experience at St. Augustine Church in the historic Treme neighborhood
This is going to be an amazing experience to interact with other women while enjoying the best New Orleans has to offer. In addition to having a wonderful time it’s important to know that all net proceeds are dedicated to the Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans, and non-profit United Way Community impact partner. That’s just icing on the cake!
You can learn more about FestiGals on the web and order your tickets today!