Oreo Bon Bons are one of my favorite treats! My Uncle is known for making these for every family occasion and I made them for friends for the first time this past weekend. They are very quick and simple to make and, most importantly, they taste as though you slaved in the kitchen. You can decorate them with just a sprinkle of sprinkles (like me) or really go all out via some pinterest inspiration!
Place them in a cute can and they make a perfect gift for a friend, co-worker, or just because!
- 1 - Standard Package of Oreos
- 1 - Standard Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 - 16 oz pack of chocolate candy coating (I use CandiQuik - Vanilla)
- 1 tsp - 2tsp Shortening* optional (only if needed to thin chocolate coating)
- Place entire pack of Oreos into food processor and grind until fine
- Mix in softened cream cheese until it becomes a dough consistency
- Form and roll into balls and place on wax paper
- Place in refrigerator while melting chocolate
- Melt chocolate any way desired (I use the tray provided and melt in the microwave)
- Dip pre-formed balls into melted chocolate and place on the wax paper
- If you choose to use sprinkles, place them on prior to drying
- If needed, you can add 1 to 2 teaspoons of shortening to chocolate to make thinner