This Cinco de Mayo celebrate with Margarita Cupcakes.
These cupcakes showcase the perfect mix between a tart lime and a sweet cupcake!
I topped mine off with lime green sprinkles and a margarita cupcake topper!
Follow these links to download your FREE Margarita Glass and/or Cinco de Mayo Cupcake Toppers:
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- ¾ Cup Non-Alcoholic Margarita Mix (Liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract (add additional almond or vanilla extract to taste)
- 3 TBs Non-Alcoholic Margarita Mix (Liquid) *Add slowly, you might need a little less or a little more, if its too thin, add a little more powdered sugar and if it is too thick add a little more mix or water to taste*
- 1 Sqeeze of lime juice *to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start with Box of White Cake Mix and mix in each ingredient listed above until batter is smooth and silky,
- Spoon into cupcake liners until ¾ full. I use an old fashioned ice cream scoop.
- Baking time is going to depend on your oven. Bake for 14-18 minutes. As soon as a toothpick comes out clean they are done! Do not over bake.
- Mix Butter and Vanilla until smooth.
- Gently mix in powdered sugar
- Slowly add in the margarita mix to the right consistency and taste. See the note above regarding thickness and taste
- Add in a squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste